Thursday, September 10, 2009

Private School


Don't have a picture of him. You would think I do, but I haven't. It's been a week or so since I have taken a picture of Grandson. I will make sure I do take one or a couple today.

He has started Christian Private school yesterday. Already he has learned his verse assigned for next week, and is doing cursive (Bb, Ll, and Tt). He is paying attention to 'words' and catching on and reading.

Public school was nice and seemed 'normal' but he got too rambunctious. His new teacher already saw his reasoning for his behavior. Bored, and learned behavior from getting into mischief because of boredom. When he found out there's other things to do after finishing his assignment, he didn't misbehave but went on to other things. Whereas, the public school he got into a mess because he was required to wait. I am glad we switched him. Of course, the student/teacher ration is smaller and have more attention. That's a plus. He will be going to his previous school to do speech therapy. I don't mind running him around, as long as he gets what he needs to do.

This morning he looked so handsome all dressed up. The handsome that you just want to give him a big hug for looking extra nice. To top it off, he said his "L's" correctly in sentences. A couple of times, he threw in the W. As long as he catches himself and corrects himself, I'm happy with his wanton to succeed.

Private school has a sunday school setting, and most of the children are not public taught. That's a big plus, I don't want him to learn anymore misbehaving skills.

We also need to go to church and be involved with him in school, that's a big plus. Last night we went to Bible Study, and he went down and did his Bible study with his peers. It's so nice.