Monday, September 28, 2009

No More Fishing for the Year


We were invited to a special gathering in Colorado. Of course, they just love Grandson to pieces. The guys even don't mind having him around with them. He talks, he helps, he does boy things. He's a total blast. I thought they wouldn't want him around, so I tried to keep him nearby me. You know, men generally don't like kids... but he was the winner there.

He grabbed the worms and baited for them... he looked for fishes in the lake... he saw little creatures they didn't spot. He wasn't afraid of the snake they saw.. He played the three second rule, and gave everyone a laugh. His nose bled and he didn't freak, he just asked for a paper towel so he can go about his business.. but I had him lay down until it stopped.

Amazingly we were there for six hours and it sure didn't feel like it. It's so beautiful there. The property owners own the lake, so it's a private lake in Colorado. When we left we saw a Ice Cream parlor, and it's designed in the old old OLD time.. even the Ice Cream was great, made the old way..

After the Ice Cream, all I heard was a snore from the cab.. By the time I rolled my eyes in that direction.. my boys were out.. and they didn't wake up until we got home. That's like a four hour drive one way..