Grandson has been 'growing' into matter of negotiations and sublte arguments to his wants. Pretty interesting he doesn't back down until he knows he has pushed it far beyond reasonable.
Yesterday was an ongoing match and pushing about everything, and finally I told him he just needs to go to bed. I didn't say "Go to sleep" I told him to "Just go to bed" and that he did. He sat on his bed with a few toys. Later, I went to his room and he came out to talk about his behavior and he will 'try' not to do it again.
Today he was an absolute little gentleman. He didn't have to be asked to do anything, he came out and helped. No acting up.. none. I let him play with my gadget toys. He is pretty smart. I think I will buy him an iPod next month or so, it's been a good learning toy, and not only that... he's taking over mine.