Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm thinking

Ok, so we went through the
infant stage
baby stage
toddler stage
boy stage

Now we are getting close to a bigger boy stage? We got to see many joyous moments with Grandson. All too very pleasing. And that also includes the down end of disciplining. I am reading a book, probably the same page about four times, but it's registering. Real easy concept, doesn't take a scientist to figure this out but it's always good to be reminded about the good end of teaching your kids the simpliest things that we tend to forget. LET THEM BE THEIR OWN PERSON, AND RESPECT THEIR FEELINGS.

I guide and guide this child and a lot of times it repetitious. Clean your room, make your bed, pick up your dirty laundry. One day, I got so fumed I asked him "I have been telling you to do these since you started walking (years ago) and why do I still need to tell you this??" Well, for the last couple of days he has been coming to me and telling me.. "Grandma, I cleaned my room, made my bed, brushed my teeth, did my chores." Ok, so did I barked too much for this child? I don't want to have to yell at him to get anything done. So here goes the book reading.. now that we are dealing with a different stage of boyhood.

He is doing well in school. I help him with writing (he calls it 'drawing') both cursive and print. One book he does great as in sounding out the words, the other is a so so, and one.. I dunno why, but it's just not clicking. We're working on it. Adding and telling the difference between things. Oh, it's so cute. When he's done he slaps on his signature. A determined facial expression, and the effort of putting that signature is a thing to see.. just way too cute.