Although we give bunch of loves to Grandson daily, there seems to be never enough. Yesterday, I had him nap with me and usually he will drift to sleep immediately. I awakened to Grandpa's arrival.. Normally Grandson would waken and run to Grandpa, but this time he slept through it. I couldn't move, because he was sleeping on my arm and he looked so comfortable and at peace.
Finally, he stirred and I whispered in his ear "Grandpa's home"... His tongue came out.. I knew in a second he was jumping off the bed and run to Grandpa, but no. He laid there and snuggled right into my underarm and held on to my arm.
I took his little hands and kissed them, right a way his tongue came out.. (this is something he displays as a sign of being loved).. I tickled the top of his forearm and copycat what he was doing with his arm/hands.. and we played with our fingers as if they are shadows. It was just a moment of 'OUR' time together.
A bit later, Grandpa came in and Grandson hopped up and ran to his Grandpa.
There just not enough to let him know we love him and we certainly do CHERISH him more and more everyday..