Monday, August 24, 2009

First School Bus Ride to school.

We'll be missing you during the day, Grandson. Nine hours, that's a big sacrifice for a little five year old.

This morning we all got up at 6:00 am to make sure Grandson got everything in order and to make sure we grant his wish "Bus Ride to School". Ai, it happened. He ran up the street and back and jumped around, he was just so thrilled and excited. We, us, Grandparents weren't sure if he was big enough, OR ARE WE big enough to handle his bus ride to school.

The Bus Driver had him sit on the first seat next to a bigger boy who has more bus riding experience under his belt.

After school, I waited and waited by the Bus Stop. Ai, I was 45 minutes early. I took pictures of every weed and rock.. trees, the sky.. I even sat on a ant hill and made them so angry I got bitten.. I went home to drink some water.. And HEY!! NOT FAIR!! The bus showed up and opened the door.. there popped Grandson and he ran down the drive way.. I ran out the door and waved at him.. he came a running across the lawn with a big smile...

Not long after that Grandpa dropped by.. and Grandson dropped everything he was doing and I heard the slide door slam.. GWAMm PA!! GWAMm PA!! There I could hear them talking in the backyard.

Granstinky said he has some friends on the bus now.. what else is new? He makes friends all the time.