Grandson did get his visit yesterday with his parents. Today he was sick and eyes swollen. He looked and sounded horrible. Rest, and lots of rest for him today. Grandson said his mom and his sister are not feeling well.
He said his sister is about three now, and she doesn't talk much, and she might be 'slow'. I told him, she is just probably shy and doesn't feel like talking at that time. Maybe she didn't get to nap and is a bit cranky.
His dad tried to get mouthy at certain topics and I just asked him to let me talk about more important issues pertaining to Grandson. We discussed about his surgery but like always getting their input is like talking to the wall. His father always stares at the floor or try to busy himself with something, in this case he asked Grandson would he like to get his surgery. Grandson said no, and his father said then he doesn't need to. His mom never says anything. I said the child is five years old, and it's up to us as his parents and Grandparents to decide on what alternatives would be best for him.
We told him about the things he does now, and Grandson read to them. The parents seemed happy to see his progress.
At the end of his visit he came running to me and gave me a big hug and said he missed me and he was happy to be home. His father got mad and asked when can they have him back? After four months of not visiting, they want him now? And before that.. almost a year of not visiting? I don't understand.. all I can think of is they are in financial trouble and that's about the only reason they want him back, for his monthly income. That belongs to him and his therapy or medical needs, not a spending spree for the Payee!
I don't think they understand what is involved with raising Grandson. There is actual motor oral skills that need to be applied daily, speech, his educational teaching, disciplining, nurturing, and social skills. With Grandson, that's a handful. I noticed when he starts to lack certain area as far as oral therapy his face starts to droop, and his tongue thins, his upper lip tightens.. There's so much you need to keep track of. He is not a child that you just 'possess' and not care to his needs.