Saturday, February 27, 2010

Been quite a while..

Grandson has been a wonderful boy at home.  As far as teaching, he is excellent.  We finally got his Beka books from his old school, and to our disappointment it was far too easy for him.  We alternate his Kindergarten with his First Grade books.  K is like play time, he is already almost done with all the books.  The first grade, he is reading, learning money, analog clock, writing out sentences, MATH, english (nouns, verbs, adverbs, and etc.)  But BOY!! Does he hate coloring!  Comprehension is like a joy of all things, I just don't understand how he can not pay attention to us?  Selective hearing skills...lol.
For his leisure time we do things and I just teach him additional things like GAS mass, Liquid, and etc.  He helps with chores, we don't call it chores.. it's about pitching in to help around the house.  "Contributing his share of duties".. and it works very well.
Valentines Day, we were not feeling well.  The boys went to church and brought back roses and chocolates.  Grandpa brought a box of chocolates for Grandson from me and a card.  Later he came to my room and asked if he could get a 'refill' and since he is being a wonderful help I sure didn't object to giving him more candy.  I told him to make sure he shares with Grandpa.  He says he already gave him one, I say.. share with your Grandpa, he says "HE already got one."  I tell him again to share, he says "Ok Grandma, I'll give him one".   EW! Stingy guy!!

Yesterday, he came to me with his bottom front tooth was loose.  He was very upset and looked like he was going to cry.  ***Any day now, his first baby tooth is coming out.***  YAY, I was so excited.. and of course he was confused and wondered why I was laughing and hugging him.

Grandson is talking to me right now, so I really can't concentrate...