Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 29

The day was packed with exciting things to do for Grandson. His afternoon nap wasn't even sufficient enough to give him the rest he needed. Come evening he fought hard to keep his eyes open while he helped out with shopping for our trip. This boy had a FULL plate today.

First thing early this morning, around 3:00am, his feet hurted so much that I could hear him moaning from his room. I took him into the living room and rubbed his feet until he felt better. The second I tucked him back in bed he was back asleep.

When the alarm went off I could hear him talking to Grandpa, and that was around 7:00 am. I laid there debating on moving...



As soon as Grandpa went to work, Grandson and I went to KiddieFest at McGee Park. We ran around in there and saw things, he played and went on slides.. Next year, we (Grandpa and I) are interested in putting him in CUB SCOUTS.. Before we went out the gate, he got sprayed with the firehose.. the Fireman would spray the kids as they were leaving the park. Of course, Grandson was tickled to death about getting sprayed it was funny.


After we messed around at the KiddieFest we moseyed over to the Horse Races. We sat there and watched all the horses and the jockeys.. Grandson was inquisitive, so I told him as much as I could. He thought it was pretty neat to actually sit there and watch the whole 'seconds' go down.

Then of course, we lost the truck again in the parking lot, so we walked, walked, and walked.. When we finally found it... Wayyyyy out there... we decided it was time for a treat.. we went to Sonic and bought Limeade drink and went home. He took a nap.. Boink.. he fell over in a heartbeat.. and woke up in time to go to his Wrestling Banquet.



We got his trophy, it's beautiful. I gave him a Big hug and a kiss and told him Congratulations!! He was happy to see most of his wrestling 'buddies'. I know he missed them. He asked if it was time to wrestle again. Now, he can't wait to go again. You know Grandpa was so proud of him, and it showed.. the smile, the hug.. big hug, and a kiss.. words of encouragement.. Grandpa is always proud of his achievements.

While we were out Shopping, he got to talk to his cousin Troy on the phone. He asked him to ask his father to bring him down so he could go to Disney with us. He told Troy about the wrestling and told him everything he knew.. he was happy to talk to him.. he actually talked a lot.

After shopping.. we forgot Grandpa's work so we had to drive back into town and get it done.. on the way home.. It was just way too much for him, he fell asleep.. Grandpa carried him back inside and off to bed he went. No fight..